Monday, November 17, 2014

November Altenew Challenge

I love the new Altenew releases. I bought three of them recently and I have so many ideas for ways to use them. One of the ideas actually came from Jennifer McGuire during the new release blog hop. She used colored pencils and Gamsol oil to add depth and detail to the Lacy Scrolls flowers. It's a brilliant idea and it is the reason I bought the set.

It is the perfect technique to use for Altenew's November challenge. Here is the inspiration photo:


I love all the elements in the piece, but to stick to my clean and simple style, I chose to focus on a few of those elements in my card, specifically the flowers, the gold and navy blue colors, and the script sentiment.


I stamped one of the flowers in the Lacy Scrolls set in a light pink, then colored it a deeper pink to create shading and white to create highlights. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Painted Poppy set onto a navy blue card panel that I previously die cut from the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Shape dies. The gold and white chevron banner was also cut from the same stitched die bundle.

I really love how they all came together to create an elegant card. Thanks for looking.




2 comments :

Sindhu said...

Beautiful!

Tasnim said...

Very elegant and beautiful card, Anette. Thanks so much for playing along our November challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...