Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Runway Inspired Thank You

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was making an effort to participate in more challenges. I'm sticking to my word and entering the Runway Inspired Challenge with this card:


This outfit by Veronica Beard was the inspiration piece. Instead of creating several multicolored flowers, I created one big flower as my focal point (flower stamp by Crafts Meow), and paper pieced multiple colors onto the petals. I also pulled the black and white from the hounds tooth suit into the petals. (I didn't have any hounds tooth paper, so I improvised with black and white stripes.) The patterned paper background was also inspired by the rug in the photo.



 Edited to add: My blog friend, Amy Tsurata, suggested I add it to the Virginia's View Challenge, also, so I'm throwing my hat into the ring! Thanks for the suggestion!!

I had fun with this one. It was a lot of fussy cutting and paper piecing, but I really like the result! Thanks for visiting!!


10 comments :

~amy~ said...

Annette, this is so fun! I love all the colors and the paper piecing! You should enter it into Virginia's View Challenge:

http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/09/virginias-view-challenge-7.html

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW! I am in love with this flower! Simply beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! The piecing and papers choices are fantastic, I LOVE this!!!

Jingle said...

Dude. This is freaking awesome!!! I LOVE what you did with that flower! Wow!

Lindsay said...

This is one awesome card, Annette! WHOA! I LOVE those bright colors! Such a fantastic job. Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous paper-piecing Annette! Great idea to create one focal flower too - stands out so beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

Susie Moore said...

This is so striking! I just love it!

Virginia L. said...

Another WOW~ Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! :)

Taheerah said...

That flower is amazing! Love your mix of colours and patterns in the petals. Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

OOhh...your paper piecing is incredible! Such a cool look. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...