Sunday, September 14, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

I was honored to be nominated by my blog friend, Susie Moore, to be part of the Creative Blog Hop that's been going on in blogland. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers around the world by answering four simple questions.

  1. What are you working on now?
    Currently I serve on two design teams. In fact, one of them, Paper Sweeties, is having a new release right now. I've been working on projects to showcase the new stamps and dies, which coincidentally, are available today. You can see my project here.

    I also serve on the Eyelet Outlet design team with Susie. A couple times a month, I create projects with their adorable brads, bling, enamel dots, ribbon and washi tape.

    Here is a project I made recently that uses both products.

  2. How does my work differ from others in my genre? This is a hard question for me. I guess before I can answer how my work is different, I have to figure out what my genre is! I make cards and occasionally other paper projects. I like bold colors. I like trends. I like bling. I like stamps. I like ink and I like patterned paper. I like clean and simple designs, but I'm not afraid to explore other styles. If I had to pick something that made me a little different, I guess that would be it. I don't commit to one style. Although I lean toward CAS, if I'm inspired to create a project with layers and embellishments, then I will. I think what's most important is to create original, clever designs and execute them as best as you can regardless of the style.
  3. Why do I create what I do? Twenty years ago, if someone said "You're going to be creating cards, taking pictures of them and posting them on your own blog," I would probably laugh in their face. Although I've always had an appreciation for art and creativity, I can't draw my way out of a paper bag! That's why I love stamps!!

    I first became interested in card making when my fiance (now husband) and I hit the craft stores looking for supplies for our wedding. I loved looking at all the fun pretty things! Then we got a handmade wedding card made with some of those pretty things. But I didn't really start making cards until after I became a full-time, stay-at-home mom. I needed something that gave me pleasure and a sense of accomplishment. (Not that motherhood doesn't do that, but I wanted something that could give me immediate satisfaction!) Cardmaking is something that I do just for me. I give everything else to my family, whom I love dearly, but I make cards for me and I think it makes me a better mom in the long run.
  4. How does my creative process work? I don't have a specific process. Sometimes I look at a stamp set and try to think of different ways to use it. Sometimes, I see something and think "Hey, that would be great on a card." Sometimes I participate in challenges in which the sketch, inspiration or color palette are predetermined.
I now have the privilege of introducing you to next week's featured blogger. Her name is Kathy Gillon, but she also goes by the Crafting Chemist. We "met" a few years ago when we were on a design team together. She has since become one of my best blog buddies. Here's her bio:

I'm a mom to 3 wonderful kids. I'm a chemist by profession, but a crafter at heart. Both my mom and grandma were  crafty and have passed in their love to me.  I love to create and share my passions, and hope to inspire others to be crafty as well.  Here's my blog: http://kathyand3kids.blogspot.com


2 comments :

Jingle said...

How funny! Our #2 answers are SOOO similar! LOL! Love your cute lunch box cards!

Susie Moore said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Isn't it fun to get to know more about people in our industry?

Your projects are simply adorable too, by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...