Friday, September 16, 2011

Rejection Ain't So Bad

Hi everyone. Well, I finally faced my fear of rejection. I submitted one card to Paper Crafts Magazine for publication. My expectations were low because I made the card the night of the deadline. The photo came out shadowy and I didn't have time to play with my new Photoshop Elements software to touch up the lighting. Que sera sera!! At least I have my first submission behind me and I know what to expect next time.

Here is the card I created for the ABC and 123 submission. The challenge was to create a card using letters and numbers in creative and unexpected ways. Everything on this card was created solely with letters! I used different fonts, different sizes and mirrored some of the letters, but stuck to only letters.



Pretty fun, huh? The butterfly was created with two Bs and two Is. I created the sun with and O and several Is. The flower petals are made up of Us, the center is an O, the stem is an I and the leaves are two Ds!! Then, I made a fancy border with Ss. I admit that if I had more time, I would have done a few things differently, but I still like the idea of using letters and numbers to create an image.

Because it didn't make the cut, I am posting it to my blog and entering it into the Reject Blog Hop, hosted by Amber Daigre at Damask Love. See, I told you rejection wasn't so bad!!

8 comments :

Smitha said...

Cute card Annette!

Annette Allen said...

Well I think it is adorable..
How do you know it was rejected? Do they notify you?

Katie Gehring said...

Very clever and cute too!

Lalo said...

only letters??? Now that's awesome!!!
This was my first time try too...i think i may have to play with my lighting also :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

I can't belive these are all letters! Other than the "Ss" I didn't see it at first. Very cool! Glad you finally submitted--yeah for you!

Anonymous said...

Super creative! Love your card! It's fantastic that you weren't afraid of submitting, that's the main step to get published ;)

Glenda J said...

This is really clever and congrats to you for submitting! Great work - keep it up!

Virginia L. said...

One terrific card! I love the bright and sweet design! Please do not give up submitting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...