Thursday, June 2, 2011

Inspiration is Everywhere ...

 Including the Scrap Yard!

I decided to participate in the Etsy Inpsired Challenge. I entered it once before a few weeks ago, but haven't found the time to enter it again until now. I'm so excited about this particular challenge. The featured Etsy designer is PaulaArt, a self taught artist who works with lost, tossed and forgotten items that are left by the roadside, buried in an old barn, or deposited at the local scrap yard. When I saw her work, I knew my card would include a lot of texture, distressing, layers, metal embellishments and bold colors on an earth-tone background.

Here is the artwork that inspired the card:


And here is the card:
I loved the bold colors against the rusty background. I also was inspired by the red and yellow lines that form a diagonal on the top right corner. The stamp is one I found in the Michael's dollar bin. It's Studio G and apparently it's rare and hard to find! I loved the vintage look of the stamp and thought it complemented the Blaster can in the original piece. I hope you like it. I had a lot of fun making it!

7 comments :

FibreJunky said...

I just have to bow down. I am super impressed!! I don't think I could have pulled off using that piece as inspiration and you NAILED it!! Way to go!!! And super-duper thanks for playing along with us again at the EtsyInspired Challenge!!

Becky said...

What a cool challenge! I love your background and happy meter! Awesome card! :)

Ruby said...

I just love how you were inspired by that piece, you've done a fab job! That meter is so cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

Excellent inspired card! I'm glad that you entered the Etsy Inspired Challenge! Congrats on your win!

KarenB said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous Annette! Congratulations on your win :)

p said...

thank you annette, and congratulations! :)
i like your happy meter!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love that stamp...it's too bad it's hard to find. The background of your card is totally cool (both the distressed pp and the "rust." Awesome card, Annette!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...