Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feeling Blue?

Hi everyone!! I hope you had a nice Father's Day. I let my DH take a really loooooooooong nap. Meanwhile, I made a card!!

This one is for the Moxie Fab World Trigger Target - Rainbow Bright. (See pic below.) I noodled on this for awhile. I kept thinking of ideas, but none were inspiring to me. Then, I made the fatal error of checking out everyone else's cards in the challenge. They are all really good!! I have to say, there are some amazing paper crafters out there.Watch out Hallmark! These guys put you to shame.

I almost gave up on entering this challenge, but then I came across this card by my friend Lisa Lara at SCS. I loved the idea!! The best part of this card is that it was so quick and easy to make. I just took my Copic Sketch markers and made a few swipes with the wide edge using ROY G BIV colors. (I never knew how significant that acronym would be when I learned it in elementary school!) I knew the perfect sentiment to complement the design: the Inkadinkado Kids Quotes! The sentiment fit the design and the fun childlike font went well with the hand-colored rainbow.

Here's my card:


Feeling Blue?


The details

Trigger Target - Rainbow Bright

7 comments :

Lisa Lara said...

This turned out fantastic Annette. I love the buttons at the bottom. Thanks for the link. Glad you were inspired by my card. Makes me happy. Hugs, Lisa

EmyB said...

Perfect for Pride weekend!

Sarah said...

One of my favorite sentiments to play with. This is an adorable card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Khin Hnin said...

Your card is soooo cute! :D LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you use the copic markers! :D and the buttons are darling! (:

thanks so much for sharing, and leaving a comment on my blog :D I'm ur new follower ;)

Hugs,
Khin

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is adorable! FABulous card. :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOVE your card!! The sentiment is perfect and I love the buttons!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...