Monday, June 6, 2011

A Classically Modern Card

Ah yes, it's Sunday night and the deadline for the Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesday Challenge is fast approaching. I barely made it by the skin of my teeth. I don't like doing things at the last minute (except for when it comes to cleaning and especially laundry. Yuck!). It has been a very busy week. My three year old came down with a fever, and I've had birthdays, graduations and doctor's appointments. I'm glad I made it in.  :-)

Here is the inspiration piece for the this week's challenge:


Isn't it gorgeous?!? It's the perfect color scheme for a bedroom. The blue is soothing, making it easy to relax and fall asleep. Zzzzzzz ... Oh, excuse me, I dozed off for a sec. Seriously, the blue is awesome. The white, however, is a great color to wake you up and put you in a good mood. It's bright and cheery.

Here is the card:
 

 I followed the color scheme of blue and white with just a touch of pink. I was inspired by the damask pattern on the bedroom wall. I created the flourishes on the white part of the card with my Silhouette. Did you know you can install dingbats and the Silhouette turns them into cut files? Yep. That's what I did. The fleur d lis is from a stamp set I bought on sale by the Paper Studio. The metallic bling is also cut from my Silhouette machine. I added diamond stickles to make it shine. I think it looks a lot like the artwork hanging above the bed in the inspiration piece. Then, I added a touch of pink with a sparkly gem in the center. I hope you enjoy it.

It's too late to enter this week's challenge, but if you go to Moxie Fab World on Tuesdays, Cath posts a new challenge every week.



4 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

What a week! And it's not like you can pause everything else when you have a sick kiddo...yikes. Hopefully no one else gets sick, and everything continues to get done :)
And, why I'm here, your Trigger card: love the fleur-de-lis border, and that neat label shape! Gorgeous card - glad you squeaked in just in time!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ooooo!! I LOVE it! The bling detail reminds me of the mirror, and I love the die cut with the sentiment. Your post made me LOL! Hope this week is a little less hectic. :)

Michelle said...

Wow! I didn't see this when you posted it, but it reflects the trigger perfectly. I love your blingy little embellishment, and the whole card works beautifully.
Michelle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...