Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Topiary with Eyelet Outlet Products!

Sometimes I get tired of making cards all the time. I love it, but it's nice to change it up a bit, isn't it? Well, that's what I've done today. I made an Easter egg topiary that can be used as a centerpiece at Easter dinner.

The project was actually pretty easy once I figured out the best way to do it.


 Supplies:
Paper Flowers - Checked, Light Purple,Yellow, Stitched Flower, Pink
Jewel and Pearl Brads
Stitched Flower Brads
Stitched Washi Tape Shell Colors
Stitched Washi Tape Ladybug Colors
Zots glue dots
Fast Finish decoupage glue
Styrofoam Egg
Chopstick

 All you need is a styrofoam egg, some paper flowers, brads and glue dots. At first, I tried sticking the brads into the styrofoam, but they kept popping out. I figured out a trick to make them stay. First, adhere the paper flowers with a glue dot, then stick the brad through the hole. It works great! After I finished decorating the egg, I used a chopstick I found in my junk drawer to prop it up. I didn't want a plain wooden (and splintered) chopstick, so I wrapped it in washi tape. I applied a layer of Fast Finish decoupage glue from Beacon adhesives over the egg to give a protective coat. Easy peasy. If you're looking for a fun, easy way to dress up your Easter table, give it a try!

 Project number two is a card. Yep, back to basics. I wanted to try something new. I thought it would be fun to actually write a sentiment with bling!

I first used a die from Memory Box to cut out "hello". Then I just stuck bling on top of it. I added a few flowers and some butterflies to give it a spring look.

 Supplies:
Bling Strips
Stitched Flower Brads
Mini Stitched Flower Brads
Butterfly Brads
Die-Memory Box


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...