Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sparkling Hexagons

Hi friends. It's been a while since I entered a challenge and even longer since I played in the Moxie Fab World challenges. I finally had some time to make nice CAS card for the challenge. I'm entering this into the Happy for Hexagons challenge. There's still time to play, so you could enter, too!


I recently made my first shaker card. In fact, you can see it in the post under this post. I liked it so much, I wanted to make another.


I cut out the hexagons with my Silhouette Cameo. I then laid it on the card base and traced the hexagons with a pencil so I could see where they would be placed. I then cut out colored paper and pasted it over the pencil traces, assembled the shaker card and added the finishing touches like the sentiment and bling.

Speaking of the sentiment ... it's from Sweet Stamp Shop. You may have seen it on the Moxie Monday post at Moxie Fab World. My friend Emily Branch designed this set and it's absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for looking.



12 comments :

Susie Moore said...

I soooo love this!!

Pam said...

Gorgeous card - wow, I love the use of the sequins!!

Heather Doolittle said...

Girl, this is one ca-UTE card! :) I love the sequins! Such a fabulous touch on this card. Plus I really love the white-on-black embossing for the sentiment. Gorgeous!!

Cindy C. said...

So fun and cute!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such an awesome card..love the idea..very creative...

Wendy said...

This is so fun! I love this.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Annette - This is absolutely amazing, I may have to PIN this and CASE it so Awesome and bright and bold and SPARKLY!!!

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I love visiting others when I am not obsessing over making cards!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
-Kimberly

teri said...

So, so clever, Annette!

Thanks for linking your card up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge!

Teri

Chark said...

congrats, this was my fave winner over at moxie fab!

Taunya Butler said...

So, so impressed with this card!! So clever and so sparkly!! Way to go for being picked for the hexagon challenge over at Moxie Fab World!! So pleased for you!!

Shona Chambers said...

Congratulations! This card is really amazing. I love the colours you used, especially using matching sequins and paper...genius!!

Taunya Butler said...

HOORAY for you - you are going to be published in the August issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine!!! So excited for you!! YOur card is awesome and definitely sparkles!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...