Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Doilies, Glitter and Letterpress, Oh My!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Although it was a whirlwind of activity, my Christmas was full of fun, laughter and a bit of lazing around the house.I was also able to make a couple cards, but before I share them, I have to brag a little bit about my cute kids. Remember when you were a kid taking that first peek at the presents under the tree? I got to re-live it through my kids. Jack, 6, and Elise, 3, are at the ages when Christmas is so magical. It was so fun to see their reaction to all those presents. In fact, John and I got Elise a doll house this year (Santa brought the furniture). John assembled it the night before Christmas and put it under the tree with a big bow. I have never seen anyone so excited!! She was jumping up and down, screaming, giggling, flailing her arms. It was so awesome!! We have it on video and I may post it later. It's so stinkin' cute!!

Despite all the fun and chaos, I was able to crank out a few cards for the Joy's Life DT challenge to create a card with doilies and glitter. And, better yet, I got to play with one of the new toys I got for Christmas - the L Letterpress by Lifestyle Crafts. It's a kit that enables crafters like us to do letterpress with our die cut machines. It works with most machines. I used my Cuttlebug.

To me, nothing screams doilies and glitter this time of year more than snowflakes, which are basically glitter-filled doilies created by God! I chose the "Thank You Snow Much" sentiment from the new Wintery puns set. After all, I have to send thank you cards for all the wonderful presents we received!! Plus, did you know January is National Thank You month? It's true!

I created the circular patterned paper with the letterpress. If you look closely, you can see the impressions in the paper. The striped paper is from Bo Bunny's Snowfall Collection. I found a die cut snowflake in my stash and the smaller flakes are embellies from Recollections.

Thanks for looking and have an awesome New Year!!

I made this while on the Joy's Life design team.

2 comments :

Angi Barrs said...

Love your letterpress design. I've been wanting to try that out. Hope you had a Happy Christmas,

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...Love the letterpress design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...