Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trigger Target: Perty & Flirty B-Day

Hi everyone! I am excited about today's card. It's another Moxie Fab World Trigger Tuesday card. Cath posted a gorgeous photo of a butter yellow coat against a soft rose background. I love the color of the coat!! It's my favorite color. Heck, I love the coat. I don't think I'd look good in it, but it's nice to admire from afar.

If you love this photo, you too should give this week's Tuesday Trigger a try. It's a two weeker, which gives you plenty of time to play!!

You can see that I drew my inspiration from the color palette. I used the bold yellow paper and paired it with a soft rose background stamp. In the inspiration photo, you'll notice that only a touch of black is in there. I, too, just used a little bit of black.

I also drew inspiration from the pleating on the coat. To mimic the pleating treatment, I ruched the yellow satin ribbon, which also added a soft fabric texture - just like the coat.


One of the gallery idol contestant's cards also served as inspiration. I initially found the card on Pinterest, but I after digging a little deeper, I learned it was a top 20 finalist in the Gallery Idol competition. It was create by Clare Buswell. I love the layout and used it as a sketch for my card.

I hope you enjoyed this. I probably won't be posting for awhile. I am the arts and crafts teacher for my church's VBS and then I will be vacationing in sunny Myrtle Beach with my fam!!

Card Recipe:

Paper - Stampin Up! Whisper White, Big Top Birthday
Stamps - Stampin Up! En Fracais background, So Many Scallops, Studio G
Ink - Stampin Up! Regal Red, Memento Tuexedo Black
Embellies - Yellow ribbon, baker's twine, glitter tape





Tuesday Trigger


Inspiration Card by Clare Buswell

10 comments :

Annette said...

wow... very pretty and creative..

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous card! Love your papers and the floral banner, it's so pretty!

Charlene said...

Very pretty! Enjoy your vaca!

Shelly said...

Lovely, as always!! I love the color combo and the stamp. I am convinced I must have it! Darn it... that always happens:)

Shelly

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

You can always borrow mine, Shelly!!

Stella said...

I hope you win; this is stunning!

alteredforhim said...

ooo So pretty, I love the banner across the top and the bow in the middle. The colors are so chic.

Have a great day!

Jocelyn said...

That's a mighty perty card, Annette! I am loving the banner and the stripes and the flower...love it! Have fun at the beach--stay cool :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Annette your card is beautiful! Love the banner and the papers you used. Have a good day.

Cath said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...