Monday, April 25, 2011

Sew Lovely to Play in Challenges!

I thought I'd try my luck at a couple new challenges. I made this card for the CASE Study Challenge featuring a card made by Silke Ledlow. You can see her gorgeous creation at the bottom of this post. 

I also made the card for a recently launched challenge blog called Lily Pad Cards. I've been following them since day one. This is the first challenge I've entered. The challenge is to create a card inspired by a book cover. This particular cover (shown below) is for the book "Around the World with Auntie Mame." I've never read it, but looks interesting!! Auntie Mame wears very fashion-forward clothes, so I thought a fashion theme was quite appropriate. 

I am sorry it's so shadowy. It has been raining for days here in Ohio. The sun finally came out briefly early this evening just before the sunset. This was the best I could get before the Lily Pad challenge ended. :-(

I got to use my Copics again to color the dress, except for the belt and trim. I used my silver leafing pen for that. Auntie Mame seems like she likes a lot of bling, so I had to add the sparkly gems, of course.






Cover for the Lily Pad Cover Lover Challenge
Inspiration Card for the CASE Study Challenge

7 comments :

Unknown said...

All your cards look great!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicky said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the colors you used! Thanks for playing with us at Lilypad cards

Cindy Beach said...

I just had to find your blog and let you know I think your card is fabulous! I love the colors and fashion theme and you did an amazing job with the challenges. Thanks for inspiring!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Sew lovely is right! Love this card :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Annette, this is such a beautiful girly card! Awesome coloring and case! Thank you so much for playing along...hope to see you again this upcoming week :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Jocelyn Olson said...

I took a peek back at some of your older cards--so glad I did! This card is so fabulous!! Your coloring is so wonderful, and I love how you put the colors together.

I'm looking forward to what you make next--your cards are always so fun and fresh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...