Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School is in Session

Today marks another milestone event at the Spoon household. My son starts 2nd grade. I have mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm glad to have a little extra peace and quiet. On the other hand, my little boy is growing up! Love that kid!



On Saturday, we bought all his school supplies. Wow! I don't remember having such long lists with very specific items. Things have changed. I'm sure many of you have been busy buying school supplies for your young scholar, too. Why not use a few of them on a project?

While you're at it, why not link it up to Pink by Design's current challenge? We are extending last week's Ink it Pink challenge to use school supplies on a project.

Without further adieu, I would like to introduce to you Bobby and Suzy paperclip!! LOL! I usually spend a lot of time thinking about my project before I break out the ink and paper. I knew I wanted to use the supplies in an innovative way. Then it occurred to me that pretty much anything looks cute and fun if you put googly eyes on it!! Ha ha!!


I made Bobby and Suzy Paperclip by first gluing on the eyes using Glossy Accents. I love that stuff. Then, I added the eyeglasses brad from the Eyelet Outlet onto Bobby's face. I gave him a blue bow tie and Suzy dons a cute pink bow in her hair. The sentient is from the School is Cool set and the apple is from Kaiser Crafts. The notebook paper is taped to the card base with ruler washi tape from Love my Tapes. This card is already signed and stuffed in an envelope inside my son's book bag.

3 comments :

Rachel said...

Yay for starting 2nd grade!

Awww, how cute! I love how you dressed up those paperclips! They look so spiffy now.

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE those paperclips! Such a fun card!

Angi Barrs said...

So super creative! Love what you did with the paper clips!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...