Monday, August 27, 2012

Playdate Cafe Challenge 146

What's black and white with a splash of green? Why it's the latest challenge going on at the Playdate Cafe. This is the first time I've entered this challenge. I have no idea why I never entered it, especially because a couple of my blog buds are on the design team!!

Well, I'm entering it now with this lovely card. The quatrefoil background on the bottom and the sentiment are from Pink by Design. The dragonfly is from a package of embellishments I bought a while ago at Tuesday Morning. I just happened to be there when they had a huge supply of crafty goodness available. Score! Although I love white space, I felt I needed to add just a little bit more visual interest to break up all the white and to draw the eye from the sentiment to the dragonfly.



Here is the inspiration photo:




 


9 comments :

Annette Allen said...

awesome card Annette...love the sentiment and that dragonfly is awesome...

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card! Love the dragonfly! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

Migdalia said...

What a wonderful card!Lovely Colors!TFS

Rachel said...

Oh wow, I love the idea of using a background stamp on just a portion of the card! I love the black and green combination too.

Jingle said...

Very nice card!

Karenladd said...

OOOh! LOVe this color combo and the clean crisp card!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the foil background and the gorgeous dragonfly. Beautiful design. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Gloria said...

Beautiful card! Love everything about it:)

creations by jackie said...

Awesome card, love the Dragon Fly.This is my frist time to your blog, and I like what I see. Jackie Watson at jackielwatson.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...