Monday, May 5, 2014

Online Watercolor Class Homework Day One

In the twelve years of grade school and four (plus) years of college, I never ever enjoyed doing homework ... until now. I am taking the Watercolor for Card Makers class at Online Card Classes. It's my first time doing an online class and I am very impressed.

Today we learned three techniques for creating watercolor backgrounds. One of those techniques was to create a blended background by inking your acrylic stamp block, misting it with water and applying it onto watercolor paper.


Instead of creating a background, I cut it into a banner shape. I die cut the word "hello" with a die cut from Memory Box, colored it with Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, and glued it to the banner, which I adhered with foam adhesive onto black cardstock cut slightly smaller than a 4.25x5.5 card base.


I had to add some bling, of course! Sequins and gem stickers were my bling of choice.


Stay tuned. I'll be back tomorrow with my next homework project. I can't wait for class tomorrow.


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...