Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Card from a Nonslip Rug Pad?

Yes. I seriously made a card using a nonslip rug pad that looks like this.


Why? Because Cath challenged us Moxie Fabbers to create a card using this as the Trigger Target. When I first saw the picture, I thought "Oh, cool!" However, my next immediate thought was "That looks like a hard one." Followed by "Challenge accepted!"


Here's where the nonslip pad comes into play. I wanted to create a similar texture as the target with colors overlapping colors. I've seen cards and multi media projects that used drywall mesh. I scoured the house for drywall mesh. We didn't have any. But we DID have the rug pad with a similar mesh pattern. That'll do!!

First, I cut a couple small strips, then I cleaned the heck out of the rug pad. (Did I mention it was used? Ick!) After it dried, I placed it on my card front and taped it down with low tack tape. Then, using my Tim Holtz blending tools, I applied ink on top of the pad. I overlapped areas using the same colors as the target. It created a similar effect. You can see colors on top of colors just like in the target.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts on top of the design and added my signature bling. It's pretty funky and definitely outside of the box!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!!



10 comments :

Paru Mahtani said...

Wow!! That's a great technique!!! Love it!

SandeeNC said...

Now that's thinking outside the proverbial box, great background! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Nancy Penir said...

Great results using a unique technique! And I see all the colors, cool!

Lindy said...

Dang! I just threw out some little pieces of that rug pad a couple of weeks ago! Great card and great technique!

Helen F. said...

Oh Annette, your card is a perfect match for the TT this week! Love the idea of using a rug mat as a stencil ~ brilliant!

Cris G. said...

That's a great idea!. Your card looks gooood!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your unconventional stencil - great result!

Linda Beeson said...

What a really great idea and neat look

donna mikasa said...

How cool is this? Very! Love the texture and a great take on the Trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...