Monday, February 4, 2013

Ombre Love

Hello friends. Today I have a fun card using a technique called ombre, a trend in which colors graduate from light to dark tones or vice versa. I was able to achieve this effect rather inexpensively. "How?" you ask. I used paint chips from my local Home Depot!! Just as the colors graduate from darkest to lightest, the width of the paper graduates from widest to thinnest. I like the effect it produced.

I used one stamp from the Everyday Flags set by A. Jillian Vance Design. The stamp is the word Love, which I heat embossed onto the paint chip, then I adhered the U and embellished it with hearts, pearls and gems. It's a quick and easy card to make for your Valentine.

I'm also entering this into a couple challenges. One is the CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers to make a card using monochromatic colors. The other is the Casual Fridays challenge to use a die cut or sticker letter in your creation.





11 comments :

Melisa Alzammar said...

Beautiful card Annette. I love it.
Melisa

Annette Allen said...

Such a pretty card Annette..great design and love the colors..

Jingle said...

This is nothing less than awesome! I love how the color grades, but the strips get smaller, too! Perfection!

Deb said...

Love the graduated colors and how they get smaller towards the bottom of your card! So cool! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

Genius use of paint chips! I love the Ombre effect--so beautiful and elegant! Thanks for sharing your tip! (Must check out the hardware store now...) You are rocking these challenges, Annette! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! xo

Shirley said...

Awesome card! I like the ombre colors along with the different heights of the paper strips!

Unknown said...

Love the ombre of colours. Thanks for sharing the tip too. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Caggy said...

Great card! Gotta get me some paint chips or color charts as we call them in the UK ol! Caggy x

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful card design Annette. And Congrats to ya on being named a VIP over at Casual Fridays! :)

Virginia L. said...

YAY on being named as one of the VIPs, Annette! This sure rocks...you know that from me already :)

Melinda Gleissner said...

Fantastic card! Love the design. I'm so happy you were recognized for your incredible talent. My friend the VIP :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...