Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wee Scapes Blog Hop - Aloha!

 Aloha and mahalo for hopping along today!! Stampendous is partnering with Wee Scapes, a company that makes cute miniatures that you can use to construct models (think trains, school projects). When I first looked at their products and then saw the Stampendous Hula Kiddo, I immediately knew what I was going to do. The bushes and turf just screamed beach to me!

Now that we're in the dead of winter, I think this little wee scape will help us escape to a tropical island. At least in our imaginations.


How did I create this little paradise? First I took an unfinished shadow box, white washed the front to give it that beachy look. I glued some sea shells to it and created the banner using the Small Typewriter Alphabet Clear Stamp Set.

Now for the inside. I covered the shadowbox with a lighter blue paper. I cut the waves with my Silhouette die cutting machine and glued Stampendous Shaved Ice to the tips to add some sparkle. I adhered it to the the box using foam dots because I wanted to give it a little dimension against the lighter blue sky. Then I tore some of the brown turf for the sand and green for grass.

The tiki hut was a little trickier. I painted the roof with copper colored paint and added some moss. Then, created the poles with craft sticks and hemp twine. Before gluing the sticks to the roof, I made a little wedge from cardstock, glued it to the top of the back side of the roof. Why? Because I needed the roof to be at an angle. The wedge, which is hidden, helps prop up the roof.

I adhered the palm trees and bushes and finally, I glued the Hula Kiddo, which I colored with Copics and fussy cut, onto the edge of the roof to make her look like she was dancing in front of the hut.

I really like the outcome. I've had this vision (hula) dancing around in my head for a couple months. I love how it came to fruition.

Several of us have fun projects to share. Please hop along  and enjoy the creativity:

Stampendous Blog

Annette Witherspoon (Hey! That's me!)

Lea Kimmel

Jennifer Dove

Jennifer Ingle (Jingle)

Melinda Gleissner

Wendy Price

Suzanne Czosek


18 comments :

Suzanne C said...

That is the sweetest little beach scene! A little piece of paradise indeed!

wendyp said...

super cute!! LOVE the little tiki hut you created!

Mary Dawn said...

i want to go to there ;) love that hula girl

Annette said...

wow Annette this is just too cool...love the little tiki hut...great idea..

Kecia said...

Absolutely adorable! I want to be there!!!

bkazoo said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute beach scene...love how you framed it.

Lea said...

She's just so cute! Great minds think alike!! Your's is truly adorable!

sharon g said...

The hut is such a cute idea. I'd like to make that for my daughter.

Larissa Heskett said...

THis is so CUTE!! I LOVE the little bits that make the elements come to life!! THANKS for sharing adn have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Kyle4143 said...

The hula girl is too cute! I also enjoy the waves with a bit of bling. Great job!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!!

Gita said...

I love this shadowbox!!! It looks great!!!

Sue D said...

I like your paradise scene!

Sherry Butcher said...

So fun, I think we'll all take a few minutes to vacation there with your cute hula girl. TFS.

Jan Garber said...

Made me feel the warmth from your "beach" immediately! How adorable!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Your shadow box with the beach scene is adorable. TFS

Kim H said...

love the tiki hut, and the glitter on the waves is a great detail. makes me think of Hawaii Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...