Friday, October 7, 2011

Causing a Scene

I wanted to take a minute to share with you a card I made for my niece, who just turned two.  I love creating whimsical scenes that take an object out of its expected environment and  put it in a whole new unexpected situation that you would never see in the real world. You see, in card world, anything goes.

I call this Monsters at the Circus. In the real world, you would never see monsters at a circus. Heck, you would never see monsters anywhere because monsters don't really exist (despite what my kids may think.)

If you want to read more about this, feel free to check out my blog post at ScrapStreet magazine. And don't forget to check out the post below for an opportunity to get published. I need talented cardmakers to submit a winter-themed thank you card by Oct. 30!




3 comments :

Angi Barrs said...

So super cute. Love the twine and the cute little monster. :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

This card is just so adorable! I saw it over on Scrap Street and ooo'd and ahhh'd over it. The background looks really cool, too. Hey, I sent you a reply, but it bounced back yesterday. I did resend the message today. Thanks, girl!

Wendy said...

Cute card, love background in black and white.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...