Monday, August 15, 2011

Trigger Target: Luminous Layers

Wow! I had the most fantastic weekend!! I got a my hair done by my awesome friend, Tricia, who happens to be an excellent hairdresser. Then, I went to the Beth Moore conference Friday night and Saturday morning, followed by a luncheon at our church. It was an amazing experience. I have never seen anyone so on fire for God. Beth Moore is so inspiring and her zeal is contagious.  I really needed that. The worship, let by Travis Cottrell, was also amazing. God is so good!

Later that night, I had a hot date with my hubby, whose birthday is today!! We had a great relaxing Sunday enjoying our family. I will be posting his birthday card and some pics after this post!

Given that my weekend was so full, I really hadn't planned on entering the Trigger challenge at Moxie Fab World this week, but this evening after all the kids went to bed, an idea popped into my head. I decided to give it a try.

This week's trigger gave me an opportunity to use up some of those pesky scraps. I dug through my box and found paper that matched the layers of fabric in the inspiration dress (which, btw, I would totally wear if I had the figure for it.) I used my circle punch on them and then distressed them with brown chalk ink. I glued them on a strip of paper, carefully matching up the patterned paper to the fabric on the dress. I cut off all the edges. I really like how it turned out.


Trigger Target: Luminous Layers

10 comments :

Katie Gehring said...

This is awesome! I love your card and take on the trigger!

Cath said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

catdidit said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the design down the side like that!

*Alison* said...

This is really beautiful.. I of course love your card too :) great way to use your scraps :) hehe.. HUGS

Annette said...

great card Annette..

Emsworth Girl said...

Oh I love Beth Moore, I am doing her Esther Study at church! God is Good!
Your card is beautiful, colours and layering are moxiefab!

VanessaB said...

LOOOOVE how this turned out! great job with the tigger :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! LOVE your take on the Trigger--I can't believe you managed to match up each petal so well! The card turned out gorgeous!!

Stella said...

Congratulations on your husbands' birthday!
Your take on the Trigger is stunning; you really nailed it! I think I see a winner! This is jaw dropping gorgeous!

Smitha said...

SUch a beautiful take on the trigger!! Love your card :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...