Monday, April 25, 2011

You're Better Than Flies!!

The recently launched blog, Lily Pad Cards, issued a challenge using Penny Black stamps. Coincidentally, I had been thinking about the Penny Black Greenline image stamp and the I Like You Better Than Flies sentiment I bought a couple years ago. I've been wanting to use them and color the image with my new Copics.  I only made one card with those stamps before, so I was eager to break them out again. Then, this challenge popped up! (No pun intended!)

In addition to using Penny Black stamps, the challenge also required you to lay out your card using the sketch below. My card was inspired by this one made by Alice Wertz, one of the Lily Pad design team members. When I saw her card, I think my jaw hit the floor. Wow!! I  was in love with her card. It's so clean and simple, yet really full of fun and whimsy! Just perfect!! I am seriously in love with that card!! Oh, yeah, did I mention how much I love her card?

Instead of using clouds like Alice, I made a speech bubble and stamped the sentiment inside. It's supposed to look like the frog on the left is saying it to the recipient, while the other frogs are busy trying to catch flies!! The image is of frogs and flies. I drew the lily pads and water by hand. I wanted to give my froggies a home.

TFL!



Sketch

3 comments :

Vicky said...

Wow! This is beyond cute!!! Being a frog from the lilypad I have to say I love it! Thanks for playing with us at lilypad cards

Alice said...

you are so sweet, Annette! i am so happy to be able to inspire you. =) your card is so adorable and i really like your button sun!! wonderful card! =)

Nancy K said...

Love this! That sentiment is so cute! How fun that you were able break out some neglected stamps to make this charmer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...