Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Moxie Fab Challenge!

Every Tuesday, the Moxie Fab World blog has a card challenge called Trigger Target. This week's mission was to make a card inspired by a beautiful photo of a hand painted towel with some doily patterns and mason jars (shown below). As I was looking at the photo and thinking about a card that would capture the feel of the Trigger Target, many wonderful cozy thoughts came to mind. I wanted to incorporate the towel, but I also saw a window frame in the background, which made me think of a window card. Then, I read the theme of the challenge - Farm Fresh. Wow! I grew up in a rural town and my grandparents lived on a farm, so you can imagine all the wonderful memories that came flooding into my head. But, how could I create a window card with an image similar to the towel and also capture the Farm Fresh theme? I know! I know! How about a fresh baked apple pie and some mason jars in the window!!

Trigger Target: Farm Fresh


I used my Silhouette machine to create the window card. I created the cut files myself. It was pretty simple. I just needed squares and circles. The hardest part was aligning the cuts so that when I folded the card, the windows would be in alignment. The trees, sun and clouds were also cut with my Silhouette machine. I cut the sky, grass and farm field by hand. I used my Unity wood background stamp for the wood window frames and masked off the areas I didn't want to look like wood.

The front of the card is my favorite part. You're going to laugh when I tell you what I used for the curtain ... It's one of those cloth wipes for your eyeglasses. You know, the kind you get from your optometrist! I stamped the images onto the cloth and they turned out really crisp and clean! In my first attempt, I used gauze, but the images were just too blurry. Then I found some fabric interfacing. It was better. Then, I came across the eyeglasses cloths and noticed they were already the perfect size and shape. I stamped the images and they looked pretty good! Finally, I drew the cracks on the "walls" and distressed it. The card looked too plain and boring. The cracks give it more visual appeal without taking away from the real focal point. It also gives the walls a more authentic farmhouse look.

Thanks for looking!



12 comments :

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, is that cute! What an adorable little window and curtain, etc.

Anonymous said...

wow, awesome!!!!

Beate said...

Amazing take on the trigger. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Holly Barrett said...

How clever! I love it!

Maria Matter said...

oh how creative! love this Annette!
hugs

Lara said...

Lots of details...I love the stamps on the curtain. They are so pretty and sheer.

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh my! What a labor of love - this is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Leah H said...

Wow - this clearly shows a lot of work and is so cute!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Annette! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

Indy's Designs said...

What a clever card! Love it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! This is such an amazingly creative way to use that inspiration photo. SO many fabulous details, i don't even know what to say! This post needs a "favorite" button. Love every single part of this one, Annette! Gorgeous!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGosh! This is absolutely amazing! I love how you created the curtain and the whole window scene!
WOW! This is definitely my FAVORITE for this trigger. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...