Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Altenew Layering Class

Hi everyone. Did you know Altenew is hosting a FREE online class called "All About Layering?" They offer 10 lessons, which include two video tutorials per lesson. In addition to the 20 free video tutorials, students can post questions in an online forum, and share pictures of their "homework" in the online gallery.

Here are a couple of cards I made for the class. The first focuses on the Whimsical Flowers stamp set. This set comes with about four large flowers, a couple smaller flowers and some leaves. Instead of stamping with the large flowers, I thought I would try my hand at stamping the smaller flowers. The sentiment is from the Label Love set. All the inks except the light blue are from Altenew as well.


My second card focuses on the Vintage Flowers set. I stamped the flowers in the family of inks called Summer Afternoon, which consists of four inks in shades of yellow. I stamped the leaves in two shades from Green Fields and Carmel Toffee.

Does the background image look familiar? It was also created with Altenew stamps. I took the Thank You stamp from Label Love and stamped it in Warm Sunshine, Cotton Candy Crisp and Forest Glades inks. The main sentiment in the middle is also from Label Love, but I chose Thanks A Bunch to play off all the Thank Yous in the background.

Thanks a bunch for visiting my blog. If you're interested in the Altenew class, click here for more info.

3 comments :

Suchi said...

Wow..both of your cards are stunning Annette! :)
Suchi xx

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Okay, that second card is darn clever with all the Thank You's and then the Thanks A Bunch. Going to have to borrow that. :)

BeverlyBL said...

I like your small flower card. Good spacing, good colors and I like how you did the sentiment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...