Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shaking Things Up A Bit

That's right. I'm shaking things up on my blog today with a shaker card I made.

I used a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire at Online Card Classes to create the flowers.
  • I stamped the solid flower images three times. 
  • The first time, I stamped them in a light tone.
  • I stamped them a second time using a medium tone but first removed some of the ink from the center with a micro fiber cloth. 
  • I did the same thing the third time with a dark tone, removing even more ink from the center and leaving only the dark part around the edges. 
  • This ink removal technique creates depth using only stamps and ink - no coloring is involved. 
To create the window panel I used the SSS stitched rectangle dies. I love these dies because the stitching is on both the inside and outside of the die. The hill uses SSS Stitched hills and slopes. I plopped a few sequins inside and mounted the thanks sentiment from Memory Box.

BTW, I die cut the sentiment multiple times and stacked them to give them height and make them sturdier. I also cut it in light grey and slightly offset it to create a shadow. I added some Glossy Accents to give it some shine.

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Stamp All Things Bright and Beautiful challenge. I'm also sharing this in the Online Card Classes gallery!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!


5 comments :

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love the color technique you used, this shaker card is fabulous.

~amy~ said...

such a fun shaker card!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable shaker card! Love those bright and beautiful flowers! So fun!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the vibrancy of this shake card, Annette! The sequins are perfect touches in this shaker card! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I really like your fun shaker card! The bright pops of color are so cheerful. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...