Friday, January 3, 2014

Inking It Forward Into 2014!

Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a fun and safe celebration. Personally, I came down with some kind of chest cold and I'm still recovering. Ugh! Fortunately, I don't need my voice for this post because it's GONE!!

With the New Year comes many resolutions. I have a few myself. Yes, it includes a healthier lifestyle. :-) I'm also resolving to start giving some of the cards I'm making. In fact, you may have read a couple installments from my new blog series, Ink It Forward.



I have another post up on the Sweet Stamp Shop blog. I'm featuring an organization called Cards for Hospitalized Kids, which collects and distributes cards to children nationwide who are hospitalized. It was founded by a young lady, Jen Rubino, when she was only 16 years old. Jen spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals since age 11 because of a connective tissue and bone disease. In 2011, after undergoing more than 20 surgeries and enduring a lot of pain, Jen received a handmade card from a hospital volunteer. That card brightened her day and changed her life. It was the inspiration behind Cards for Hospitalized Kids.

I encourage all of you to hop over to the Sweet Stamp Shop blog and read about the organization. I'm also sharing a card over there that I plan to contribute. Below is a card I made for all of you to wish a fantastic 2014. May all your wished come true! Please consider giving some of your handmade cards to the organizations I have profiled. They are doing wonderful things for people and they rely on our talents to help them.




1 comment :

Samantha Mann said...

What a beautiful card here! It's perfect for New Years, of course! I love all of the circles and stars coming up out of the glasses! Beautiful! And what an amazing way to use our craft talent to bring happiness to someone who needed it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...