Sunday, September 1, 2013

I'm Baaaack!

Hi crafty friends. It's been a little while since I posted. To tell you the truth, I considered giving up my hobby. I was recently burned by someone in the industry. Someone I used to consider a dear friend. I'll spare you all the gory details, but I was angry. I was hurt.

I decided that I wasn't about to let one person steal my joy. Therefore, I ventured into my craft space, tapped into my creative side and made a card for the CASE Study challenge. I kind of forced my way through it, but I did it. And I am going to keep doing it. I love to create. I do it for my own enjoyment. My hope is that with every project I create, the hurt will go away a little more until it's completely gone.

I want to encourage anyone out there who has felt hurt or betrayed to keep going. Don't give up. Don't let anyone steal your joy.

Today, I decided to share my joy with the CASE Study Challenge. The fabulous Jennifer McGuire is this month's muse and here is the card we're CASE-ing:

As you can see, I drew inspiration from the sketch. I love the diagonal banners. Some are raised, some are not, giving it enough dimension to add depth and intrigue. I also love the bold sentiment in the middle of the card.

I'm using Arrows & Elements from Reverse Confetti. I'm loving this set. I can't wait get more stamps from Reverse Confetti. Jen does such a great job!



10 comments :

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oh no! Obviously I don't know what happened, but I'm sorry that you were burned by someone in the crafting world. I am truly glad that you didn't give up crafting. You are so talented! You march to the beat of your own drum with your cards, and I love that they are clever, original, and fun.

On this card, I love all of the angles of the arrows. Awesome color combination!

*hugs* to you!

Kathy said...

Love your card! Don't let anyone put you don't or try to steal your creativity!

Dawn Barrett said...

It is always hard to lose a friend, esp. when there seems to be no real logic to it. You are amazing...talent, thoughtfulness, kindness. Glad You're MY Friend! xoxo

Jeanne J said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with a crafty friend. Glad you're back at it - it's great therapy and FUN! I like how you used the arrows and chevrons - and you picked up on the hearts too!

Pauline said...

What a fab card , so funky and fresh!
Sorry for your experience, but there are some strange people about, even in the craft community! Glad you got back into your crafty room.

Cris G said...

Hi, Annette! I'm sorry about what happened to you... but let's face it, people like that deserve nothing else but being ignored. Don't let anyone take you what you cherish and brings you joy! And... it looks like you did the best in coming back... Congratulations on win the Top 3! It's a very trendy and gorgeous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome trendy card - Congrats on Top 3 over at CASE Study!

Tenia Nelson said...

Hey Girl!!! I am soooo sorry that you had to deal with "haters"......man.....that is soooo no bueno!! I just LURVE this card!!! :) :)

Shannon J said...

Don't quit, don't quit!!! There are always bad apples out there, and I am so glad you are not validating them by letting them take your joy away! Your card is just delightful and it shows your joy is back!! Congrats on being a top 3 at Case Study!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats!!! Your crafting love is shining brightly through it all!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...